Inspired by Neals Yard Remedies 'Year of wellbeing', all of Yoga Sukha's regular weekly classes will be run alongside the theme of each month. This month's theme is FOCUS.
I find in the hectic world we live in today with constant 'todo' lists and deadlines to meet it is very hard to remain focussed on a singular task. It is somehow a sin to only be thinking about the task you are currently working on instead of the many tasks you need to do after this!
So this month take time to re-address the balance, place your focus on the present, on the task in hand, and i'm sure you will find you actually work much better as you are giving your full attention at all times.
Also make time to focus on yourself, take just 5 minutes of each day (more if you can!) to sit and clear your mind, focussing on your breath and allow yourself to live completely in the present moment, focussing on nothing except yourself. This will help energise you and release some of the stresses of everyday life allowing you to live your life fully!
Neals Yard Remedies top tips for staying focussed:
1. Make a plan - be clear what your task is, and what 'finished' looks like!
2. Prioritise - if you have lots of tasks, decide which order to tackle them in so not to overwhelm yourself.
3. Get enough sleep - this is the best way to stay focussed and alert.
4. Eat well - heavy carbs can make you feel sluggish and tired.
5. Stay hydrated - dehydration is often a common cause of lack of focus and tiredness.
Each week in April I will be posting exercises and tips to help improve concentration and focus, from mindful meditations to breathing exercises to clear the mind and energise for the day ahead.
Have a great April!